Permanent Makeup Eyebrows Aftercare
Please remember that like any cosmetic procedure this is a process. Do not expect immediate results and please be patient. It will be a few weeks before you can fully appreciate the final results.
You may experience minor swelling and redness after the procedure. You will also experience oozing and skin peeling (scabbing) during the first week. The color will look darker and the shape might be sharp.
After about a week, the color and edges will soften. While healing treated area will gently exfoliate and you will lose some color (20%-50%). This is a normal process.
Usually, the exfoliation (peeling) process occurs about 4-5 days and will be complete at about 7-10 days. At that point, the contrast between the initial intense color and the new lighter color may be such that you may be disappointed. Do not worry. It is normal you will receive a second pigment application in a few weeks. At that time shape and color will be adjusted to your liking.
The final result of the first treatment will be visible after 3-4 weeks when pigment will stabilize in the skin.
Outer healing completes in about 7 days for eyes and eyebrows, 7-10 days for lips.
Inner healing completes in 1-2 months
Permanent Eyebrows Healing Schedule
1 – 7 days: darkest pigment
7 – 14 days: pigment may lighten
15 – 30 days: the intensity of the color increases slightly
30 - 62 days: touch up of the pigment
During natural skin regeneration, after the recovery period treated area might appear lighter than the original.
Often, even with proper care, customers develop bald spots or loose original pigment which makes the treated area look uneven. It is absolutely normal because your natural skin regeneration is not a process that a technician can control.
Most customers need a touch-up after about 4 weeks to assure that the desired effect was achieved.
Micropigmentation is a process, two or three sessions may be required to achieve desired results. It is not uncommon to lose 20-50% of the color after the first session.
Please remember that with the proper prep and aftercare routine, you will have much better results.
Tip: after the healing is complete the use of sunscreen is recommended to prevent fading. Don’t use harsh products in the treated area.
Powder Eyebrows Right After The Procedure
Expect slight swelling, thickness, and redness for one to two days after the procedure. Immediately after the procedure, your eyebrows will probably appear to be too dark, too thick, and with a rather unnatural “drawn in” appearance. After healing is complete they will look softer.
Powder Ombre Eyebrows Aftercare Instructions
- Do not pick, rub or peel off your scabs, to avoid bald spots, scars, or infection (itching is normal as skin is repairing itself)
- Keep the treated area clean and dry (use a clean towel or tissue to dry it), avoid environments that would cause dirt or germs to contact the area while healing
- Wash daily with a light touch to remove bacteria, build-up of product and oils, and dead skin, use gentle soap (Dial, Cetaphil, Neutrogena), dry with a clean tissue
- Do not expose the treated area to sun or tanning bed (3-4 weeks after procedure)
- It is recommended to not sweat and exercise after the procedure for a week
- Moisturise with a thin layer of cream recommended by technician apply with a cotton swab on the dry area (never apply on wet or damp area) twice a day. Remember to clean the area before applying the next layer of a product. Do not allow aftercare product to build-up
- Keep your hair away from your face
- No makeup on the treated area for 7-14 days
- Avoid sleeping on your face, use a fresh pillowcase
- Avoid face-down swimming in pool, sea, lakes, and hot tubs for the first 7-10 days
- Avoid excessive rinsing and hot water on the treated area
- Do not dye, wax, tweeze in the cosmetic tattoo area
Tip after healing: if you are using foundation, you might be” hiding” your eyebrows. Take a cotton swab dipped in baby oil and gently wipe the foundation from your eyebrow area
- Do not forget to tidy up the hairs around your new brows. This is easy to do at home with tweezers.
- Picking or pulling off skin that is not ready to come off will cause pigment loss and can pull out deeper tissue
- Do not use decorative cosmetics on the treated area for 10-14 days, moisturize only with cream recommended by the technician.
Please don’t forget to book your touch up in advance - at least 4 weeks from the initial session