Can Permanent Makeup Be Removed
It is now possible to get rid of unwanted, faded, or discolored tattoos without painful laser treatment. Pigment remover is becoming very popular since this process can be very exact in pigment lightening and making permanent makeup corrections.
Pigment lightening saline solution procedure
A specialized, all-natural saline solution is implanted over unwanted permanent makeup or a small tattoo with a single acupuncture needle (machine). The technician applies numbing cream on the skin before the treatment (lidocaine).
How Does Saline Pigment Remover Work
Implanting pigment remover into the skin breaks up the healed pigment. It lifts the old pigment out of the skin by osmosis.
*osmosis a process by which molecules of a solvent tend to pass through a semipermeable membrane from a less concentrated one, thus equalizing the concentrations on each side of the membrane. The pigment is slowly pulled to the surface of the skin and heals into a scab.
When the scab falls off, old pigment falls off with it, leaving a lightened tattoo. While healing, the skin extracts more and more undesired pigment.
The formula contains natural ingredients sea salt, purified water, lemon seed extract, orange seed extract, and aloe.
How Many Removal Treatments Do I Need
Removal of the tattoo or permanent makeup takes more than one procedure to remove everything you are not satisfied with, but the first results are immediately visible.
Requires 2-5 treatments every 8 weeks.
Contraindications Before Saline Pigment Removal
- Cancer, Undergoing chemotherapy
- Active Herpes Simplex (cold sore, blisters)
- Keloids or Hypertrophic Scarring
- Anticoagulants (blood thinners)
- High Blood Pressure (ask your doctor)
- Diabetes (ask your doctor)
- Alcohol or drugs before the procedure
Healing After Permanent Makeup Removal
The healing time is similar to initial micro-pigmentation and relatively non-traumatic to the client with little to no downtime.
Permanent makeup removal is a long process, that requires understanding and patience from a client. The results are not guaranteed. They depend on the customer's skin type, the individual healing process, old pigment quality and depth of old micro pigmentation, also proper aftercare.
Saline Solution Aftercare Instructions
- Do not pick, rub or peel off your scabs, to avoid scars or infection (itching is normal as the skin is repairing itself)
- Keep the treated area clean and dry (use a clean towel or tissue to dry it), avoid environments that would cause dirt or germs to contact the area while healing
- Wash daily with a light touch to remove bacteria, the build-up of product and oils, and dead skin, use gentle soap (Dial, Cetaphil, Neutrogena), dry with a clean tissue
- Do not expose the treated area to sun or tanning bed
- Moisturise with a thin layer of cream recommended by technician apply with a cotton swab on the dry area (never apply on wet or damp area) twice a day
- Keep your hair away from your face
- No makeup on the treated area
- Avoid sleeping on your face, use a fresh pillowcase
- Avoid face-down swimming in the pool, sea, lakes, and hot tubs for two weeks
- Avoid excessive rinsing and hot water on the treated area
- It is recommended to not sweat and exercise after the procedure for a week
- Do not dye, wax, tweeze in the cosmetic tattoo area
What Is The Difference Between Laser And Tattoo Remover
With a laser, all of the removed pigment is absorbed into the body. With remover, most of the pigment is lifted through the surface of the skin. Certain lasers can only break up certain ink colors, mostly dark colors. Remover is also color agnostic it means that it works on all colors of the pigments.